Friday 29 May 2009

My GUKPT - Event #3 £250 NLHE

Ended up at the gros pretty early to rail some local lads in the 2nd day of the main event, ended up grinding oot the tables wit Samj and scooped a little profit good start to the day :)

The event started at 6pm, i was on table 1 seat 3, and had a pretty tough table including DC who was sat 2 seats to my left.

Cant remember how exactly but managed to build my stack from 7k up 2 around 11k then i got a nice double up to put me amoung the chip leaders of the tourney at a very early stage.

I get 10-10 in the SB, middle aged guy from earlish position raises about 3.5x the BB its is passed around 2 me...i think abouta raise here bt figure i have 2 pass if he shoves, so ill see a flop...i figure him for a big hand after all.

Dream flop comes Q 10 X - 2 spades but i need value from my hand so check to the raiser who leads out for 1,250.....he has around 11k too so i pop it up to 3,600.....and enters the tank and eventually ships em in, i snap him and he tables KK.....my set holds and i hit the nosebleed heights of 22k pretty early. I pretty much cruise the rest of the tourney, gettin KK v JJ all in a 10 high board, and get my stack to over 40k with a 20k average.

I then play a hand really weird and bad however, there was some logic in there :)


I raise mid position with AKd, folds to BB who calls, i have him covered by about 18k.

Flop comes Q J x.....he checks to me i C-bet to the sound ok 4k.....he thinks forever and raises another 10k.

I enter the tank and my brain ticks over the hand.

He seemed so0o0o0oo weak with tht flop, and his raise tells me he doesnt want 2 go out with this hand, however he feels like outplayin me here.

I settle he has a hand ranging from 77-99, so i pick up the courage and ship in a stack of 20k to put him all in. I figure if he calls i got 10 outs twice - not a huge dog, but im confident he doesnt want 2 play the hand.

He doesnt look very happy, but calls off his last 12k, and tables 10-10. Yeah NH WP.

I brick and am down 2 average chips.


tables get broken and we are down to the final two tables, go on a card dead run for around 1.5 levels and find myself with 16k, when i find AK. I raise up to 3.5k (blinds 500 1k) and the chipped up BB annouces all in. I figure i have him or i am racing....i aint ever passing here tho. He shows me AK....

DANG!!! wat a waste, i pray for 4 to the flush to come out so i can boost above average chips with only 15 left.


and the dealer obliges, ship the 4th spade on river!!!...god damn ive ran good :p


days ends with 13 and i have around 30k - about average chips.

i head home at around 3am, ready to sleep it off and re-start at 2pm Sunday evening, my 1st aim is to final table!!! to me tht wud b a great achievment to make B2B FT's at my first GUKPT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment