Thursday 28 May 2009

My GUKPT - Event #1 £200 NLHE

The GUKPT seemed to come around so quick, and as it arrived i found myself very excited, for what i figured would be a fantastic week of poker!! - I was not 2 b disapointed.

I had planned to play 3 events through out the week and my 1st EVER GUKPT event was the £200 NLHE, which i was kindly staked into thanks to S2C, DC and Stumpy.

The event started well, 3rd hand in i get AK in the SB, local pro carlos Citrone raises up mid position, button calls and i decide to keep the pot small out of position. Flop comes A high rainbow, i decided to check raises citrone as hes an aggro player who i figure will C bet on this board. He obeys and i pop it up another 400....to which he hollywoods then passes.

I get up 2 7k, from my 6k stack pretty easy. Then i lose a biggish pot with 66 to the BB Q8...

left with 3.3k out of my 6k in the 3rd level this hand creeps up on me...


I limp Late position with Ac7c for 150....button pops it 2 500 total, both blinds pas and i peel a flop.

Flop: K Q 7

not the best flop for me, so i go into check fold mode figuring hes gna fire here. to my suprise he checks behind. I know re evaluate the hand and accuarelty narrow his range to A10...and AJ.

Turn 3

I check again, he leads of for 1.5k....i have about 1.3k (ish) back after i call his 1.5k

i go in the tank and figure i have 2 go with my read...and figure if he has AJ/A10 he cant call due to his stack (if he calls he has less than 2k back)

anyways i figure the hand out perfecly and move in..


to my horror he snap calls me, and i am a little reluctant to flip my hand as i feel i must b so0o0o0o wrong.

however, when he dusnt immediately flip his hand i table my A7 for 3rd pair, and he flips over AJ

River: J


Wat a waste of time it was working oot tht hand!!!

I leave the tournament before the break, totally gutted i went oot so early and cudnt make a reutrn for my backers, and so0oo down i felt like not bothering to come back in the week.

I must learn the secrets of AJ before i return to the felt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment