Thursday 28 May 2009

My GUKPT - Event #2 £100 NLHE

After not playing poker for a few days i return pretty pumped up for the £100 1day freeze out.

Once again i am staked by my friend Milo and i am determined to make a return for both myself and my backer this time!!!!

build my stack up too around 10k from 5k pretty easily, also helped for sum1 to shove KK in my AA...always a good start to a tourney :) things were looking up


just before the break i lose a big pot where i call with 8c9c on the button to a raise, flop comes K 8 x - 2 clubs, i check raise the originall raiser who ships, i figure i am happy to take this asit isnt for my tournament life, and i figure i aint a huge dog to anything except a flopped set.


i call and he flips over top set lol....i dont improve and im down 2 around 3k

double up the next hand and grind back to 9k before the break.



as we get down 2 the final 3 tables from the 87 starters i get AK in the SB, shortish stack open shoves from the Hijack, i call and the BB (who is down 2 like 3bbs) calls for value initial shover tables K9, and the BB shows J7....i flop top pair then hit runner runner flush - which i didnt need n e ways to elimate both players. generally pretty easy riding from then on until we get to 13 handed.

I move table and after a few hands i am in the BB for 3k...total stack is around 28k

folds to SB who hesitates then just flats.

I decided to take a free flop with 9s 5h and check

Flop: Ah 9h 4h

BB checks to me

I lead out for 3.3k BB pretty quicky overbets the pots massivly and puts me all in for another 21k...i figure this is the defining point of my tournament.

Initial thoughts:

He doesnt have Ax as he surely raises from the SB to take it down there and then.

Y ship all in with no thought to get any value at such a late stage with a made flush

He hesitated pre which signalled he had a marginal hand, however didnt wanna raise.

surely KhQx makes sense in this spot. Hes happy 2 ship in with Nut flush draw and 2 free shots to get it if i call...or he can take it down here if i pass!

I decided to once again go with my read and settle i am marginally ahead.

After 5mins in the tank i call and he flips QhJx - almost perfect read

however i still need to dodge alottttaaaa cards to stay alive. But forunately for me, the dealers on my side and hits running bricks and i double up to over 53k with a 39k average.

I elimate the bubble as he ships with A10 into my QQ....a 8 high board secures me my 1st GUKPT FT, going in as 3rd Chip Leader!!

ONE TIME!!!!


Nope, i get the worst run of cards in my life, and with 2 really aggressive players 2 my right i dnt find a spot to make amove....i end up shoving A10 into AK no help and im down in 6th place for £455


I take home £200 and give my backer £255


I left pretty gutted and i felt i wud never get another oppotunity to win a GUKPT event. But in good spirits to go deep again in my final event the £250 NLHE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment